Wednesday 21 October 2015

Hi Friends, it's Poro here,
Yesterday was such fun. I was busy from morning till night and by the time I finished the day's activities I was really ready for my bed!
Again we all had a hearty breakfast, my friends really loved the sausages that were included in the cooked breakfast but I loved the fruit, especially the juicy watermelon. After breakfast I spent time with my friends in Grade 6. They were learning Camp craft. The students were all really excited. They learned about the survival items that are carried by our guides when they take us hiking and cycling. That was really interesting. Then they learned about how to make fire! They were shown how to make a nest using Paper Tree bark and then they used a flint to make sparks. Every group  managed to make a flame and light their nest. I was a little frightened by this so I decided to stay close to Miss K and Mr Healy for safety. The next part of camp craft was the best. We all got to work in small groups to make shelters. The students were very good at this and I would have been happy to spend the night in any one of the shelters. I'm pretty good at this myself and I was impressed by their efforts. After lunch Grade 6 went to Archery. They really enjoyed this. I was too small to hold the bow and I had to sit with Miss K, so I could keep safe. However, the students thought it was great and once they had finished we all went to play on a huge bounce mat. I joined in with this as I am very good at bouncing.
After dinner we had even more fun. We went on a night Hike. This time I went with my Grade 5 friends. They made me promise not to go off hiking on my own as it was so dark in the bush and Mrs Farrow stayed close to me just incase we met other animals. It was great fun, especially when the Grade 6 students ambushed us and made us all jump out of our skins!
By the time we got home I was so tired I fell asleep straight away and so did all my friends.
That was another great day. It's the last full day of camp tomorrow and we are going to make the most of it! It's Archery and Orienteering with Grade 5! Yippee!
Chat soon
Poro x

1 comment:

  1. Hi PORO&Friends
    Do not shoot any Kangaroos or Koalas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete