Tuesday 20 October 2015

Hello Friends, it's Poro here,
Today my day was a little bit strange and it didn't turn out quite as I planned!
I enjoyed myself sitting with friends at breakfast. That was one yummy looking breakfast, cereals, juices, bacon, scrambled egg, tomatoes and toast. Then I sat in the sunshine watching my Grade 6 friends playing frisbe. However, I am very ashamed to say I did something I was not supposed to do. I decided to go for a hike on my own. Yes, I know, it was very silly of me!
I thought it was fun to begin with, the sun was shining and I could hear the birds singing, but very quickly I realised I was in a place I did not recognise at all. I became very frightened and I wasn't sure what to do. I tried to retrace my steps but eventually, after going round and round in circles, I decided I had better stay where I was until someone found me. I looked around and saw a little cosy patch near the BBQ and I nestled down for a little rest. I was pretty scared. However it wasn't long before I heared Mr Healy calling my name so I jumped out of my hiding place and he took me back to all my friends. I am never going to wander off on my own again!
As a consequence of my behaviour I wasn't allowed to join in the fun this afternoon. I missed so much fun today. The Grade 6 students took turns on the big swing and they completed the Crate Climb and Leap of Faith. This afternoon they went stand-up paddle boarding and they all mastered it! The Grade 5 students went body boarding on a beautiful beach this morning and went off for Mountain Biking sessions this afternoon. Well done to my brave Grade 5 friends Elizabeth, Emmanuel, Ryan, and C.J. who learned to ride a bicycle today and also to my Grade 6 friends Annabel, Joaquin and Ella who learned to ride a bicycle yesterday! Way to go!
I am allowed to attend the evening activities tonight and it will be such fun. The students are all creating performances and we are having a talent show! I'm very excited as there is so much talent among my friends. I got a brief glimpse of this last night during the after dinner games. The Cinderella game had everyone laughing so much and the Ugly Step- sisters played by Mason Black and Nick Godden had us all crying with laughter!
Oh I can't wait for tonight.
Chat soon
Poro x

No comments:

Post a Comment