Wednesday 8 August 2012

Day 4 By Rowen Carey

Today at Alotau we started the Wanagili Olympics. There were 5 activities all together which were Coconut Race, Saltwater, Flip Flop Race, Relay Race and Egg throw. I couldn’t participate in the final three activities because the day before I had stepped on something that went into my foot and Mr.Lawrence had to conduct surgical procedures on my foot! It was funny watching the eggs splat on everyone. Everyone got really excited when the dolphins came past us. You can just see them in the photo below. That was pretty cool.

Most of the kids today are trying to finalise their canoe licence but everyone is really excited to perform their skit for the camp concert and who’ll be the “Camp Champs”! The days in Alotau have gone by really fast but I think were ready to come home tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment