Wednesday 8 August 2012

Day 3 by Jannis Beese

We went on a boat at 7am with Monty and some other classmates and we went to a boat area. We went to see the drivers brother and saw a ship that was burnt in a fire a few years ago. We saw beach and lots of the town and market. I enjoyed the morning ride.

We came back and had breakfast and I ate toast and cereal. I learned how to make tea and had a cup. After breakfast we came together to listen to the teacher tell us what activity we would be doing. The USAT team had to wash the dishes.
My group did the orienteering activity. We used a compass that shows direction and had to follow clues to find a treasure. After we moved to initiative games, we had to play as team. My favourite game was when we had to stay still for 5 minutes without touching the dots. I think we did good work. We also had to use two logs to make a bridge and cross the entire team to the other beam.
At lunch I ate pasta with sausage, bread and bananas. Then we got ready to go to the Oil Palm Plantation and we went on the PMV bus. We waved to a lot of people on the way. When we got there we looked around at the plants. We were speaking to the people who plant the plants. They were telling us about the plants. Then we drove to the big oil palms and we saw some containers and some oil seeds like fruit. The speaker was telling us how they make oil out of the fruit. They boil it and then squeeze it and all the oil comes out. I was scared of spiders at the big palm section. I also saw some caterpillars. The worker showed us how he cut the branches off.
We then drove to the market and were allowed to spend 10 kina. I brought some chocolate biscuits. After we drove to the place where the battle was. There were statues, a canon and a propeller. We were working on a paper and answered questions. Then we came back to the Education Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment